Friday, October 3, 2008

Passed 2 Days

Thursday and Friday were long days. We started to tear out the frets on our electric guitar, its pretty tough but i kinda got the hang of it. Later wednesday after lunch we worked on our builds. i've actually managed to get a lot done these passed few days with my build, and...the allparts order came in!!! all the hardware for our guitar came today. I've got some pretty good pictures from the passed two days...

Alrighty so the first 3 pictures are of a guitar being refretted in different stages. Its kind of a frustrating job on a crappy guitar, but i finally got it done today. The 3rd picture is my headstock design (do you think i should put an ebony veneer over that???, i will be inlaying my initials on the headstock). The last picture is roughly what my guitar will look like. it will have 2 f-holes sooner or later and two control nobs. I hope to put a super high gloss finish on, but that will take a pretty long time so we'll see). So let me know what you think i should do about a veneer on the head stock!! also, the alternative to the pearl blocks is small circles in the upper right hand corner. Help me decide!!!!

2 comments:

Ange said...

it looks amazing! i love it and i cant wait to see it all done. i love you <3

{natalie} said...

wait i thought you were inlaying it with MY initials. i love the stripe on the wood....very cool.