Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I think im sick..but us luthiers never surrender!!!!






So i woke up feeling pretty crumby today, but i decided the only way to get better was work it out. so we all get over to the shop and todays lesson was refrets..i worked on this piece of crap squier and the fretboard was chipping all over the place. all in all, i felt like crap, worked on a piece of crap, and got pretty dicsouraged. after the lunch break we worked on our builds, so the second half of the day was a success...here are some pics..
ok so the first picture is my headstock, not finished but its gettin pretty close. Second one is my neck and the top of my guitar. the last picture is the center and back of my guitar being glued together, dont those clamps look crazy!!! i'll be sure to buy some of those!
quote of the day "it ain't nothin but a thang" - tim joy saving my guitar from the grave..

5 comments:

Rachel and Brian said...

Awesome blogs Aus, looks like you are picking up a lot real quick & your project is really coming along

Ange said...

stop eating like crap and you wont feel like crap!! guitar looks bitchin'! <3

cathi said...

the neck of your guitar is fabulously beautiful! Eat better so you don't get sick! I miss you. love mom

*ethan* said...

love the daily updates..... do people ever think why is he always taking out his camera and taking pictures?

Anonymous said...

Austin! I AM SO EXCITED YOU ARE BLOGGING!!!!!!!